St. Joseph Habitat for Humanity makes homeownership affordable for families by providing a hand up, not a handout.
St. Joseph Habitat for Humanity selects partner families without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, or because of all or part of the family income is derived from any public assistance. Eligibility is determined by the following criteria:
Information & Steps for
Call 816-279-2552 ext 7 to get on the application list.
Families Interested in Applying must
- Meet our Habitat income guidelines
- Have a need for adequate, affordable shelter
- Demonstrate an ability to pay
- Have lived in St. Joseph, MO for at least one year, and permanent legal resident of the United States
- Be willing to partner with Habitat throughout the family selection process and construction of the Habitat home
How Does It All Work?
We require a low down payment for your home.
We provide you with a low-interest mortgage for the term of your loan. Homes are sold below market value which keeps payments low and your hard-earned money in your pocket.
Your family will contribute “sweat equity” as you participate in the construction of your home alongside community volunteers and Habitat staff.
We believe and insist on nondiscriminatory family selection criteria for all homeowner families.